The role of the nurse practitioner is to provide routine diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative health care services under the direction of a collaborating physician. The Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner/ Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner will provide psychiatric diagnostic assessment, preliminary diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention of clients with acute, chronic or moderate mental health disorders. The CRNP/ PAPNP will serve clients in an outpatient psychiatric clinic setting.
Position Responsibilities: CRNP/ PAPNP will adhere to the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Competencies. (Attached)
• Adheres to established guidelines for service delivery and required documentation.
o Psychiatric Evaluations = 1 hour
o Medication Management = 15 minutes
o Medication Groups = 1 hour
Adheres to centralized scheduling practices to ensure agency productivity expectations of 30 billable hours out of 37.5 weekly hours or 80% of actual scheduled hours.
• Complete, under the direction of a collaborating licensed psychiatrist, diagnostic/psychiatric evaluations of clients, establish a preliminary diagnosis to be reviewed and signed by supervising psychiatrist, coordinate medication management and complete dictation of evaluations and medication management/progress notes.
• Facilitate individual and group medication management as directed by the collaborating psychiatrist.
• Develop outpatient medical treatment plans and reviews for assigned clients
• Serve a diverse population including adults, adolescents and children in an outpatient psychiatric clinic environment.
• Document evaluations, medication checks and correspondence in medical record in a timely fashion, review all documentation with collaborating psychiatrist and obtain co-signatures in accordance with PA State Board of Medicine Regulations Subchapter D. Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and Human Services Center policies.
• Assist collaborating psychiatrist in the planning for hospitalization of clients requiring inpatient treatment.
• Maintain established Center policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Adhere to Center policies regarding HIPAA regulations and client confidentiality.
• Exercise clinical expertise and display an ability to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule.
• Provide communication when permissible with family members to further the effectiveness of client treatment.
• Report clinically to Medical Director as collaborating psychiatrist or his/her designee