General Statement: The Nurse is responsible for monitoring the daily medical routine for individuals who are living at the Long Term Structured Residence.
Mission Accountability: The Nurse will continually strive to meet the excellence in standards as set forth in the Human Services Center Mission Statement
Supervision: The LPN reports directly to the Program Director or designee
Duties and Responsibilities: ** Assesses the residents health needs through observation of behavioral changes and physical signs and symptoms. The nurse at the LTSR is responsible for possessing knowledge of Mental Health and Behavioral diagnoses, symptomatology and treatments; behavioral management techniques, signs and symptoms of disease and treatments, ability to utilize assessment tools, organize and prioritize, and perform physical assessments.
- Dispenses medications, treatment and other health services as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with state regulations. The nurse at the LTSR is responsible for proper follow through with the physicians’ orders and basic nursing procedures, ability to utilize specific medical equipment including blood pressure monitor, syringe, glucometer, and etc.
- Communicates residents’ ongoing medical needs to supervisor, direct service staff, and other appropriate individuals. The nurse at the LTSR must have the ability to communicate in a clear concise, logical manner the needs of the residents, reporting any concerns regarding residents to supervisor.
- Completes required documentation accurately and in a timely fashion. The nurse at the LTSR is responsible for completing all clinical and administrative paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Nurses will conduct a daily group on various medication topics while working with Master level staff.
- Assist residents in completing and maintain daily medical program plans and other plans as assigned. The nurse at the LTSR is responsible for assisting the residents in initiating and participating in services required to meet their needs instructing and supervising the residents in maintaining optimum health and to assist staff in performing medically related treatments.
- Completing routine appointment with residents to ensure ongoing health and programming needs are being met. The nurse at the LTSR is responsible for assisting and/or scheduling appointments for the residents. Additionally, the nurse must ensure that his/her supervisor is aware of appointment that is scheduled on behalf of the resident.
- Provide training in residents’ health maintenance issues for direct services staff when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive or designee.
- Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Valid and current LPN in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Experience in and /or knowledge of mental disabilities.
- Ability to dispense medications as prescribed.
- Ability to observe, record, and report indicative signs and symptoms of consumer’s mental and physical conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with consumers.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- FBI Clearance, and PA Criminal Background Clearance Act 34, and Physical Exam